We were really happy when we partnered with Race Tech Suspension for the Triumph dirtbike project. Initally they were just going to supply a set of thier killer rear shocks but they've gone pretty much all in on the project. Today we got a huge box of awesome from Race Tech full of trick parts to make the vintage 43mm KYB forks we're using work more like a modern fork and less like a hunk of shit. They sent a set of the Race Tech cartridge emulators (which are pretty much drop in modern adjustable valving, a set of springs spec'd out for the bike and Clay's weight, and even included new bushings, seals and two quarts of fork oil. We have to assume that Race Tech fork oil is a step above ATF, so the forks can't help but be better than they would be otherwise!
The week between Christmas and New years will see this project finally become a roller, as I'm going to take a few days off for the holidays. The slightly bad news, and I don't mind admitting it, is that I have to redo the back of the frame. When I built it, I didn't really acount for how long the shocks would have to be when fully open to give the travel I'm looking for. So I gotta move some tubes around before I can mount shocks. Such is life on the cutting edge of make it up as you go.
Post a Comment