29 December 2010

Finished fab and mockup on Garys bike, part 1

This is the most hand built bike to date from Atom Bomb. The tank, fender and oil bag are all hand formed from aluminum, and of course I built the frame, exhaust, bars, controls, etc as well. I even turned and knurled the pegs, pedals and kicker pedal. Enough of me typing, have some pictures. These are like 2 meg pictures, so click on 'em for a better view.












This is what I started with on this bike. In 1976 some guys in Michigan decided to build some sort of Triumph powered digger out of sprinkler pipe. This is as far as they got. How the guy that had this thing kept up with the neck since 1976 is beyond me, but I'm pretty happy he did! Needless to say the neck is the only part of any of this nonsense I reused for the new frame.

7 comments:

  1. Great work there. Sprinkler frame eh? Nice trivia, glad it's been revised. looks like a lot of fun to ride. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was sprinkler pipe. The guy that I got it from offered it to me after seeing some of our other stuff at Detroit, he said "I think you might be able to fix this Triumph I have if you want it". He took it in trade from the guys that did the "work" to it. I guess they were like the '70s version of tweakers or something haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great Clay, some real nice touches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell yeah that's I really nice bike.. I need an oil tank like that one.. to clear my chain.. Again really nice ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you got rid of the brake stay, very slick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving those foot controls clay!

    ReplyDelete